We are excited to announce the Elite Hockey Program for the 2017-2018 season! Elite Hockey Program emphasizes a “Complete Development Model”; offering full-season Tier I hockey, optimal training, and the opportunity to play against the very best competition.
About Elite Hockey Program
- The Atlantic Youth Hockey League is a Tier I travel league comprised of teams from the Atlantic, Southeast, New York and New England districts. The league has over 125 teams that come from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maryland and Virginia. It is the league’s mission to develop these young players and move them on to the next phase of their playing careers.
- The main purpose of the Elite Hockey Program is to help players, coaches, and coaches advance their careers to the college and professional level.
- Each team plays a 60-65 game regular season schedule starting in late September, and playoffs finish in early March.
- AYHL & ECEL games at the midget and Bantam levels are regularly scouted by Prep, Junior, NCAA and NHL teams.
- Since playing competitive hockey often requires a player to move to the team’s city, the Elite Hockey Program help arrange housing and educational opportunities for the players coming from out of town or internationally.
Complete Development Model
At Elite Hockey Program, we provide a “Complete Development Model” to help our players prepare for their next level of play. We strongly believe in our culture and consistency. In order to develop a more complete student-athlete, we focus our energy on individual player development and teach our players to understand how their role fits into the identity of our team’s success.
Complete Development Model
- Team Practice – 3-4 days / week
- Individual Skills Training – 2 days / week
- Team Travel Accommodations
- Professional Strength & Conditioning program – 2 days / week
- Weekly Video Analysis
- Baseline Testing – 3 times / season
- Full-Time Coaching Staff
- Goalie Coaching – 2x / week – Pro Crease – Jared Waimon (Quinnipiac) & Matt Michno (Brown University)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full membership into the East Coast Elite League (w) www.ECELHOCKEY.com
- Full membership into the Atlantic Youth Hockey League: (w) http://www.atlantichockey.org/ayhl.php
- Exclusive tournament access into East Coast Classic Tournaments: (w) www.ECCTournaments.com
- Full Season Tier 1 AAA Hockey Schedule (60-65 games)
Full-Time Coaching Staff
One of the biggest advantages that the Elite Hockey Program offers to its student-athletes is a dedicated full-time coaching staff. Our team of coaches is solely committed to our players. Our staff spends their day working on the development, exposure and advancement of our players to help them prepare for their next steps as a student-athlete. Our coaches have played at some of the highest levels of NCAA hockey (UMass-Amherst, Quinnipiac, RPI, Castleton) as well as professionally (NHL, ECHL, Quinnipiac, USHL, NAHL & more).
***The Elite Hockey Program coaches have currently committed over 50 players to top division I and III universities since 2010, including over 10 players drafted by the USHL and 5 players drafted in the NHL.***
18U Head Coach: Luke Curadi & Austin Root
15U Head Coach: Peter Alden & David Crandall
14U Head Coach: TJ Schatz & Eric Germain
13U Head Coach: Rob Dow & Joe Mortali
Mite Select Head Coach: Peter Alden
For more information click here or please contact Peter Alden, General Manager, at 203-444-7634 or